Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Antique Shopping Seating


The other day my boyfriend and I took a trip to Old Town Clovis for some antique shopping. I'm hoping this can become a regular blog topic since we love going to these shops.




The highlighted shops are some of our favorites!

112 is Rosenbury's. The shop owner has a whimsical eye and loves repurposing pieces. If you're lucky she'll have her adorable puppy there to say hi.

113 is the Antique Clovis Mall. Our favorite booths are the ones with all things Coca-Cola and the extensive collection of records you can find in their loft. I've found some amazing old photographs at this store. The Antique Clovis Mall is a great place to find an eclectic mix of trinkets.

117 is 5th Street Antiques. My favorite booth is directly off to the right of the store. The booth owner has so many great sewing pieces like lace and buttons. There are also some great furniture pieces in this shop.


For this particular blog entry I will discuss the seating I found on this trip and I'll jump into some more pieces next time.




This old folding chair is a great piece with all of the charm of use and age. You could either leave it as is or paint it a fresh coat of paint to really make it pop.




I love this outdoor chair. It reminds me of some chairs that my great aunt used to have at her house in the South Bay. The fan detail on the back of the chair is amazing.




I adore this chair. If anyone can tell me the origin or timeline of this piece I would love that. Because of its relative height and slim back it sort of reminds me of a chair for putting on boots.



I know I'm not alone in loving the idea of using old theater seats in the home. I could imagine these being a perfect piece in an entrance or mud room. Easily foldable to get out of the way, but great for holding backpacks for school or putting your shoes on before going out the door.




Another outdoor chair reminiscent of the other one I found on this trip with much more rust, but I honestly love the patina!




I love the idea of using these for a kitchen table. The day after we went shopping, I actually saw the exact same stools in Blaze Pizza down the street only in black.



Stay tuned for more pieces from my antique store outings!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment